5/24/17

Rap Songs Chart Review: DJ Khaled (3)

Since I couldn't find another chart that I wanted to review, and I know that most of you liked my review last time, I went like, "fine, let's do this again." The chart it doesn't going that hot, but that #1 still there will definitely be a good thing. Let's get to our exits:
  • Logic - Everybody (#25)
Last Week's #1 Song: DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance the Rapper/Lil Wayne - I'm the One
The Chart
25. Kendrick Lamar - Element (#21)
24. Tee Grizzley - First Day Out (#23)
23. Kendrick Lamar/Rihanna - Loyalty (#20)
22. Logic/Alessia Cara/Khalid - 1-800-273-8255 (#14)
21. YFN Lucci/PnB Rock - Everyday We Lit (#24)
20. Calvin Harris/Future/Khalid - Rollin' (debut)
19. Drake/Quavo/Travis Scott - Portland (#18)
18. Playboi Carti - Magnolia (#22)
17. Migos/Gucci Mane - Slippery (#19)
16. Kendrick Lamar/Zacari - Love (#15)
15. Xxxtentacion - Look At Me! (#17)
14. A Boogie Wit da Hoodie/Kodak Black - Drowing (#16)
13. Gucci Mane/Drake - Both (#13)
12. Rae Sremmurd - Swang (#10)
11. Migos - T-Shirt (#9)
10. Ayo/Tyo - Rolex (#12)
9. Kodak Black - Tunnel Vision (#8)
8. French Montana/Swae Lee - Unforgettable (#11)
7. Kendrick Lamar - DNA (#7)
6. Kyle/Lil Yatchy - iSpy (#5) [1 Week at #1]
5. Post Malone/Quavo - Congratulations (#6)
4. Lil Uzi Vert - XO TOUR Llif3 (#4)
3. Future - Mask Off (#3)
2. Kendrick Lamar - Humble (#2) [4 Weeks at #1]
1. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance the Rapper/Lil Wayne - I'm the One (#1) [3rd Week at #1]

#1 Song This Week One Year Ago: Designer - Panda

New Entrants
-OK. Calvin Harris is back with Rollin'. I really like this song. Calvin Harris is one of the best artists of all time. The vocals are really good, and I really like the production. I like the contributions of Future and especially Khalid. But I guess I can kind of consider this song to be pop, so we'll see how it does here.

Blurbin'
-It doesn't look like it will be long before Element lives.

-I'm fine with First Day Out dropping. Hopefully it won't be long before the song leaves.

-I did not expect that big a drop from 1-800-273-8255. I can't say I'm that sad to see the song go, however.

-Of course Everyday We Lit had to make a jump. Hopefully the song flops.

-Are we really letting Slippery become a hit? When it was first on here I didn't really mind, but now the song is old and should leave soon.

-All of the Kendrick Lamar songs are either going to drop or keep their positions at this point.

-At least Look At Me jumped, which was one good thing that happened this week.

-Swang dropping is also a good thing that happened this week.

-iSpy dropping I guess is okay with me. But DNA should jump again.

-Are we really letting Congradulations become a hit! If so, then fuck you America!

-And our top 4 remains the same as usual.......

Top 20 Review

-1 - Worst Song
20. Post Malone/Quavo - Congradulations

0 - Garbage
19. Future - Mask Off
18. Rae Sremmurd - Swang
17. Gucci Mane/Drake - Both

1 - Bad
16. Kendrick Lamar/Zacari - Love
15. Ayo/Tyo - Rolex

2 - Mediocre
14. Kyle/Lil Yatchy - iSpy
13. Playboi Carti - Magnolia
12. Migos/Gucci Mane - Slippery

3 - Decent
11. Lil Uzi Vert - XO TOUR Llif3

4 - Good
10. French Montana/Swae - Unforgettable

5 - Great
9. Drake/Quavo/Travis Scott - Portland
8. A Boogie Wit da Hoodie/Kodak Black - Drowing 
7. Calvin Harris/Future/Khalid - Rollin'
6. DJ Khaled/Justin Bieber/Quavo/Chance the Rapper/Lil Wayne - I'm the One
5. Kendrick Lamar - Humble
4. Migos - T-Shirt
3. Kodak Black - Tunnel Vision
2. Xxxtentacion - Look At Me!

6 - Best Song
1. Kendrick Lamar - DNA

Total Score: 60/100 (Good)

My Top 5 Picks
1. Kendrick Lamar - DNA
2. Xxxtentacion - Look At Me!
3. Kodak Black - Tunnel Vision
4. Migos - T-Shirt
5. Kendrick Lamar - Humble

My Bottom 5 Picks
1. Post Malone/Quavo - Congradulations
2. YFN Lucci/PnB Rock - Everyday We Lit 
3. Future - Mask Off
4. Rae Sremmurd - Swang
5. Gucci Mane/Drake - Both

-Thanks for reading!

~Mark

6 comments:

  1. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Harry Styles - Sweet Creature

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1 Recommendation for Hollow Man: Bruno Mars - Versace on the Floor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations is already a hit. It's in the top 40 on the pop radio charts.

    It's common for the top 3-5 to remain the same. Don't be surprised.

    Also, it's Ayo & Teo, not Ayo/Tyo.

    My post is out too. And nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 Recommendation for Hits 1: Why Don't We - Something Different

    ReplyDelete